2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup soy yogurt (plain or vanilla)
3 tsp vanilla
3 cups finely grated carrot
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup golden raisins or currants
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour a 9×13 cake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix together sugar, oil, yogurt, and vanilla. Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, spices, baking powder, salt). Mix until smooth.
3. Fold in carrots, walnuts and raisins.
4. Pour into cake pan. Bake for 26 to 30 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Top with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cream cheese at room temp.
1 3/4 cups icing sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
1. Cream together butter and cream cheese with a hand held mixer. Add icing in half cup batches. Mix until smooth and creamy. Then mix in vanilla