A healthy bar/cookie with a hint of Coconut!
2 cups Buckwheat flour
1 cups Coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 cup Flax meal
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Raisins
1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
1 inch Ginger, fresh, finely grated
Orange or lemon peel, from 1/2 a fresh orange/lemon, finely grated
• Preheat the oven to 325F.
• Combine flax meal and water in a small bowl and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
• Melt coconut oil and whisk it into honey in a large bowl.
• Combine the wet flax with the oil and honey.
• Gradually add the buckwheat flour into the oil honey mixture, just until combined.
• Add the raisins, sunflower seeds, ginger and orange peel all at once and stir just until combined.
• Add raisin/seed mixture to the batter and stir in with a wooden spoon.
• Grease a 9”x13” rectangular cake pan well.
• Transfer the sticky dough to the pan and press it into the pan so that it is evenly distributed.
• Bake 30-40 minutes on the upper rack or until the dough bounces back in the center when pressed gently.
• Cut into 1”x1” squares while still warm, but allow them to cool in the pan.